Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hardest Job in the World

My little girl is 4 years old and she is at the stage where everything is, "why?". I realize that she is curious but she constantly says but why, but why, even if I explain the answer. It truly amazes me how children's minds are always working, constantly experiencing new things and new questions.
Today she focused on one particular thing for a while and its almost impossible to break her concentration. She obsesses over small things sometimes, and I am not quite sure how to distract her attention.
Being a Mother or Parent is the hardest job in the world. So many things we as parents are not prepared for. I became a mom at age 24, same age my mother was when she had me. We have to learn by experience and pray we don't mess up too bad. And in this day and time there are so many outside influences we have to filter all the information that is presented to them and how it is presented. They are sponges, soak up every piece of information that crosses their path. Half the time I don't even realize she heard me, because she didn't acknowledge what I said, but some time later she will recite word for word what I said. Its amazing, children at this age have a long and specific memory.
It really is hard to be a mom, but the most rewarding position in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment