Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Loneliness

The main issue I think I have faced as a single mom is the loneliness. I am a full time mom. Normally when parents divorce the child spends every other weekend with the other parent but that has never been the case in my situation. I have my daughter 24/7 and that makes it super hard to have any form of relationship or adult interaction. I do not believe in bringing people in and out of my daughter's life so I am lucky to have a evening to myself once a month. Don't get me wrong I love being a mom, my daughter is my everything. Some times it just gets really lonely. I struggle with just wanting someone to talk to or someone to ask how my day was. I have been on dates in the past and everyone seems to have the best of intentions. They say they are understanding and respect my decision to not be the type of mother who drops her child off with anyone to do what she wants, but in the long run they are not understanding. I am sure there are many other women out there with the same problem and situation. I am just struggling with how to balance. My daughter's wants and needs will always come before my own, but do I have to wait til she is grown to actually have a relationship? I think this time of year makes it harder too. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year and all I have ever wanted was my own family to spend it with. If there are any other single mom's out there with the similar problem, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It would just be nice to know I am not alone in this and that there are others going through the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment